Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris


If I say I liked this book, you might think I am sick and twisted. And if I say I didn't like it, then you might think I am an old prude. The fact of the matter is, I enjoyed the author's essays about his family as I always have. The first piece about working as an elf at Macy's is hilarious, although I must say, listening to him read it is much funnier than reading it yourself! The pieces that were NOT about his own family were just plain weird ... almost to the point of being sad. I miss the days when David Sedaris made me laugh out loud on the train. Frankly, I could have used a good belly laugh before Christmas, although I don't know about that whole bowl-full-of-jelly thing!

1 comment:

My Little Room In The Corner said...

David Sedaris is generally hilarious. Wish you guys would play family hooky and come up here for Christmas. We could have lots of belly laughs.