Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Good Samaritan

"Excuse me!", an older, bordering-on-filthy, woman yelled at me this morning on my way to work. As if she had been hollering at me all day and was finally able to break my sound barrier.
I gave her a smile and the ol' 'may I help you' raised eyebrows, "Yes?"
"Do you have change for a dollar?", she shouted more than asked.
I said, "I'm sorry, I don't have any cash on me."
"Well, f--- you!", she spat!
"F--- me?" I asked. "You don't have change for a dollar, either, and I'm not mad at you!"
Geez!
And while we're at it. I'm sorry that I don't know the directions to where you're going right off the top of my head. It's a small miracle I even know how to get to where I'm going! And I certainly do apologize, Homeless Hungry Person, that my doggy bag doesn't contain the exact food you were craving, but - what's that saying? - beggars can't be choosers?!
I really should try to be more accommodating to all the people out there who so desperately seem to need my assistance.
I'll work on that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F-Me? Hilarious!