Monday, April 21, 2008

The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald


The Great Gatsby was my little respite between two blood-and-guts crime novels. I was embarrassed that so many people cite Gatsby as one of their favorite books of all time when I had never even read it, and only vaguely remember seeing the film as a child. I did feel a connection to Nick Carraway in that I long to be a part of the high profile party scene while being equally uncomfortable with the lack of morality involved. And I absolutely loved his character sketches and great sarcasm! While I still don’t understand how certain tales become American Classics, I enjoyed reading The Great Gatsby as a fun little story full of humor and intrigue, twists and irony.... ... ...how fleeting popularity can be.
Pull up a wicker sofa on the sun porch, mix yourself a mint julep ~ enjoy a wonderful rainy-day read!!!

No comments: