Sunday, April 28, 2013

Happy Anniversary iTunes

I'm watching a Sunday morning news program on tv.  Today is, apparently, the ten year anniversary of iTunes.  Well, happy anniversary!  The reporters are interviewing young adults on the street to prove how iTunes has changed the world as we know it.  Some of the "kids" being interviewed acted as if they barely knew what a CD was, and an LP?!  "What's an LP?!"
Seriously?
Now, the gramophone was clearly way before my time, but I have always known what it was!  And we always had a television in our home, but I knew about a time when the average family gathered around a radio instead.
I don't understand how people don't know their recent history.  How did I know about things that happened "before my time"? 
I spent a lot of time with my grandparents when I was little.  They talked to me.  I listened.
Don't kids listen to adults anymore?  Don't adults take the time to talk to kids anymore? 
I know. I know .... the world is different now (I'm not that old, by the way) ....


No comments: